How to add custom permalink in Blogger page
A permalink is a URL(Uniform Resource Locator) that is used to address the location of a particular webpage. Custom permalink gives your blog post's URL more professional and SEO-friendly.
By default, Blogger automatically generates a permalink by picking up the keywords from your blog post’s or page’s title. Blogger only allows you to add custom permalink URLs in blog posts, but it does not allow you to add custom permalink in Blogger pages.
How custom permalink should be?
Custom permalink should be short with SEO-friendly keywords. You can use the dash(-) to separate your keywords but do not use underscore(_).
Does custom permalink improve blog SEO?
Yes. Custom permalink can improve your blog SEO. Google always tries to show the short permalink URLs on the first page. So, if you use custom permalink then you can easily make a short and SEO-friendly permalink that helps you to achieve a higher rank in SERPs(Search Engine Result Pages).
How to add a custom permalink to the Blogger page?
Follow these below steps to add a custom permalink URL in Blogger static pages -
- First, log in to your Blogger dashboard.
- Before we go ahead you have to decide what would be your new page permalink and then you have to write it on a notepad or any other text editor application. Make sure that you have added space between the keywords.
For example, if you want to create a permalink for the about page of your blog, type About Us in the text editor and copy it to the clipboard.
- Go to the Pages Section in your Blogger Dashboard and click the New page button.
- Now paste the keywords that you have copied in the page title box immediately. Make sure that you have pasted it before Blogger saved the page and generates the permalink automatically. This step is very important.
- Add whatever content you want to add to the page and then tap the Publish button. That's it.
Okay! Now you can create a Blogger static page with a custom permalink URL. But always remember you cannot change an existing blog page permalink. So, If you have a published page and you want to change It’s a permalink to a new one, then you must need to create a new page with the permalink you would like and paste the old page's content in it.
Remember, Blogger doesn’t allow you to create a new page with a permalink that already exists in your blog or you deleted for some reason.
The bottom line
I think I could help you to add custom permalink URLs in Blogger static pages. If you faced any problem while you are trying to create a new page with a custom permalink or you have any questions about this tutorial then feel free to share this in the comment section. I will try to answer. And if my articles help you then please share this site with your friends and follow WikiPoka on social media. Bye!