Are you struggling to optimize your blog images? Not sure, how to optimize your blog images to get high traffic? And, that's why you keep finding the right ways to do it properly. Don't worry! If you follow this post till the end, you will learn exactly how I optimize my blog images and how you can do it easily.
Images play an important role in the SEO (search engine optimization) of a website. Most bloggers avoid image optimization and only focus on making the content of their posts SEO-friendly. Images are also crawled by search engines like blog posts and indexed on the search results page.
If you run an online store, photography website or blog and you want your images to show up on Google then optimize your images correctly. Image optimization is as important as your content.
Why Image Optimization Is Important?
- Images are seen as visual content to users. You will get many benefits whenever you optimized your images.
- Optimized images can speed up your blog and this is very important.
- You will get traffic from visual content sites like Pinterest.
- Your images will show up in search engines such as Google that bringing organic traffic to your site.
- Chances to get backlinks from other sites. Every time people use your images they might give you credit.
- Your SEO score will be improved
- Correct images help to understand the content better and make it interesting to your users.
Different Types Of Image And What You Should Use
Three types of Images are commonly used on the web.
Publishers upload images on the internet to add them to their content so readers can easily understand their articles. It's really important that what types of images you are using. The visitor shouldn't have face any trouble while viewing the web image. So, you should always use a format that doesn't affect your image quality. You can follow these rules if you don't want to lose your image quality.
- JPEG – JPEG is the most commonly used format for all digital photographs that we have normally seen on the web.
- PNG – PNG is the perfect format for any transparent background, screenshot, logos and graphics. This is a lossless format that provides great compression. It doesn't reduce your image quality even if you resize it several times.
- WEBP - WebP is a new image format for the web that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images. Using WebP formatted images, you can speed up your blog.
- GIF – GIF is used for animation. All those GIFS on the internet that we have seen have this format.
Five Ways You Can Optimize Your Images
1) Add Keywords In The Image File Name
To make your blog images SEO-friendly, you need to add targeted keywords in your image file name. If you have the skill to create your own graphics then it's ok to save your graphics with your targeted keywords but if you download some copyright-free graphics to use as your blog post thumbnail then you normally see that the image file name is not written with your own targeted keywords and you must rename the image file name with SEO friendly keywords.
Suppose, you are writing about "make money online" and you are explaining how anyone can make money online easily then your main targeted keyword is "make money online". You need to add the targeted keywords in your image file name by renaming it. If you have more than one keyword then you can use a dash(-) to separate your keywords.
Please, do not use space while separating your keywords because it will convert to %2B code when you upload the image on your blog.
2) Image Compression
Image compression is also the most important thing for a blog. The big size of images can slow down your blog. You will find a couple of tools are available online to compress your images or you can download an image compressor for your device. Here I add an online image compressor that can reduce your image size without affecting its quality.
TinyJPG.com allows you to upload multiple images at the same time and compress them. This tool is really great and powerful.
3) Add ALT Text
The alt means alternative and this attribute is used to give alternative information about an image. Basically, it is displayed when the image can not be loaded due to some problem such as a bad internet connection or invalid image path. The alt text also improves your image SEO.
In Blogger while you writing a post, upload an image and then click on it. Now, you will see the Properties option of the image, simply click on it and it will show you a pop-up box where you will find the image alt text input section. And finally, write your image alt text with SEO-friendly keywords and save it. That's it. :)
4) Add Title Text
The image title attribute is used to provide a piece of extra information about an image. This title text will show when a user moves their mouse over the image. While you writing a post, You can easily add the image title directly from the Properties option in Blogger. You can add relevant keywords to your image title to make it more SEO optimized.
5) Add Image Caption (Optional)
A little description is written below of an image in some blogs which explain the subject of the image and it is called image caption. It is not much important to add a caption of your blog image but if you really want to explain what the subject is then you can add a caption for that image.
Adding an image caption in Blogger is very simple. To add an image caption in blogger, click on the image and then click the Toggle Caption option. Please see the image included in step 3.
So these are the ways that I applied to optimize images on my blog and make them more SEO-Friendly. Remember that image optimization is an important SEO ranking factor. If you have any questions about image optimization then ask me in the comments section and I will love to answer. Bye!
Leave a Comment